Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 40 (02/27/12) - Dodgeball and mock lessons, working hard!



Our cute Elder Woodfield at the dodgeball tournament
Elder Woodfield with Spencer, his mission leader - "He's so cool!!"
Left - 7 month old baby, Dominick, and Spencer's mom
Right - CARLOS! WOOO! "Love that kid!!!"
Making Yuka (like potatoes) for the dodgeball tournament!

DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT
Bottom right - CHICO (Francisco), a member that helps the missionaries a lot

Hello family!

So, what's going on everyone?!?! 

Miss you!! Love you!!!
So how's everything going lately?? Read Mom's email, and says that all is just really normal!! haha gotta love being boring right?!? haha all is normal here too!! But it's good! So, I was thinking... For so long I kept asking if Kortnee has a ring yet, if she has a ring yet... and now she has a ring!!! Yay!!!! But I need a date now too! haha I know, I know, so picky me! But being a missionary, I need a date! (date to do a return visit, date to be baptized) So, when is it going to be eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh ?? hehe 18th of May?? Cool date there, eh???? haha just kidding! LOVE YOU KORTNEE AND DYLAN!!
So all is normal here!! I am sure it's heating up up there in good old Utah so that's good right?? Here its the same as always! Although it seems to be getting more and more brown every day from the lack of rain! But it's good!
We had a couple cool things this past week! We had a special training from the Mission President on how to plan for lessons! For some reason, the President called me to be the person to present an example of how to plan well! I have no clue why!! haha I don't feel like I do a good job! Heck, I feel like I probably learned more than anyone else in the room! But anyway, my companion and I did a "mock" thing about how to plan a lesson! It was fun! But the best part is, the night before, I was on divisions and we had NO time to plan for it! So we planned for 5 minutes before the meeting haha anyway fun fun!
Also, something way fun was that we had another mission activity this week! We decided to do a competition! We had a dodgeball tournament! The thing is, though only the return missionaries knew how to play dodgeball! So, we had to teach about 60 very loud people how to play! It was a blast though!! We were playing for like 2 hours! And it was a pretty good success, too! We got like 2 good refereneces from it!! It was great!! Can't wait to play at the Reeder family party again!! Wooooo!!!
But anyway! Other than that, it was a pretty normal week! Had lots of lessons and we did our best to help people!! Maybe one cool experience was a lesson with the Chicas family! We had a really, really good lesson - the spirit was there and they just accepted all that we taught! We also started teaching the plan of salvation and they had a question about the temple! What I realized is, that since they are getting baptized before my year mark, I will be able to see their sealing!!! Woo!!! If a missionary baptizes a family, he has the opportunity to see the sealing of them in the temple!! I am stoked!!! Also, praying about it, we decided to change the baptismal date for them to the 17th of March but still all is well!!!

Well, that's about it from this week!! I love you all!! I will attach a few pictures from the dodgeball tournament!
Stay close! Stay happy!! Love you all so much!!! 

Love,
Braden 

No comments:

Post a Comment