Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week 57 (06/25/2012) - Two new families and a baptism!

Hey Family!

That is so awesome that Kortnee and Dylan are now sealed! SO AWESOME! Way to go! I promise I will make you both a cake or something tasty when I get home to celebrate! haha sound good? How was St. George! Was it pretty hot? I bet it was really nice to get to swim! I love swimming and I want to go! haha anyway, I hope that you were all happy down there and everything!

So this week has been a great week! I got a new companion! Elder Coy is in his house and everything now and I am with another Gringo! haha I think Im never supposed to totally master spanish! no just kidding spanish is going along good but it is cool! My companions name is Elder Rogers he is from Gilbert arizona! thats where dallas is living if Im not mistaken? Speaking of dallas he comes home in 3 months! WOW! anyways so he is really nice! He reminds me a lot of Thomas Porter if that makes any sense! haha but he is great! he has a lot of faith and its AMAZING how many miracles we have had with just an increase of faith! 

This week we have found 2 new families (parents and kids) that are really great! We found the Familia Lino who are just awesome! The dad's name is Byron and the Mom is Abigail! They also have two kids, Wendy and Byron Jr. that are 7 and 3 years old. They read what we leave and didn't even have doubts about the commandments we taught them! We have a baptismal date for them on the 21st or so of August! It is great! Also, we have the Familia Melina. We had a really cool experience when we found them! We were walking around one night, knocking on doors and inviting people to a family night that we were going to be having at a member's house nearby! Well, we weren't having very much success! And so my companion said, "Let's say a prayer!" So, we went off the side of the road and said a prayer. After that, we kept walking down the road a bit and about 100 feet further, there was a big group of guys all dressed in black, smoking and drinking. They were obviously not a good crowd! I had a thought "... uhh..... turn around Braden." And then another thought that was stronger, "No, just walk with a purpose and they won't do anything to you." So, we kept walking and they didn't do anything! But anyway, we got past and a little bit farther, all we saw was a little store and then a dirt road that led down a hill and we couldn't see any houses at first! We stopped and then I saw off to our right in the trees, a house. We walked up and started talking to the dad there. He was really receptive and invited us in! We talked to him for a few minutes, gave him a Book of Mormon, and set an appointment for the next day! We went back and taught them and they also accepted baptism but we haven't put a specific date yet. Yay!!! Can't wait to teach even more families! Woo!!1\

Also this week.... we had a surprise baptism!! We didn't even know her until Saturday afternoon and she got baptized yesterday! Woo!! Her name is Rosa Guadaloupe. She has been going to church for about 18 years but was never baptized because she had been living with a guy for that whole time and he didn't want to get married! Anyway, her son is serving a mission right now and all the members know them! Many members even thought that she was already a member! haha but Thursday afternoon, we got a call from her nephew that's in the High Council of our Stake and he said that she had ended her relationship a little while ago and that she wanted to get baptized! We went and contacted her that day but she wasn't home! We went back that Friday and she wasn't home either! Then, we went back again Saturday afternoon, and she was finally there! We talked to her for about a half hour about her son on a mission and shared some scriptures, and then we talked about baptism with her. She said that she really wanted to get baptized but that she wanted her nephew (the guy that gave us the reference) to do the baptism! We were like, "okay, that's fine!" And we asked when she wanted to get baptized? And she said..."Well, my nephew leaves for Peru tomorrow (yesterday) and he will be gone till December, soo.... I want to get baptized tomorrow!" We were astonished and didn't know what to say! It has never happened to us before so we were like uhhhh.... well let's see if there would be anything to stop her from being baptized. We went through the interview questions! She had NO problems and had already been going to church every Sunday for a very long time! So she was completely ready for baptism! We had to put the baptism together and get her a formal interview but she was able to get baptized yesterday! She won't be confirmed until next sacrament meeting because she was baptized after church, and converts have to be confirmed in the sacrament meeting, but it was so cool!!! I loved it!! What a wonderful week it has been! I loved it all! So many miracles and there are so many more to come! My companion is an answer to my prayers and we are going to be working really, really hard to have a lot of success!!!! WOOO!

Oh and also, my companion finishes his mission at the end of this transfer! He goes home in 6 weeks! So I guess I get to send another one home! haha but he is very different from all the other missionaries that go home! He is really excited to work and ready to go! 

I love you all!! I hope all is well at home and that you are all recieving as many blessings as we are here! I'm so grateful for all that we have! It is awesome!!!

I love you all!!
Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment