Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 6 (06/30/11) - The MTC

Thursday, June 30, 2011
Hey family!!!

So lots of stuff happened this past week!! As I mentioned in my last email, we had almost all of the general authorities here all at once!!! As missionaries, we didn’t personally get to see them all, except Elder Walker from my district (he is from Pleasant view we went to school together you might know him Kortnee - Caleb Walker I think you knew we were going to the same mission but anyway...). We had a devotional this last Friday night with 7 out of the quorum of the twelve! Bednar, Oaks, Nelson, Holland, Scott, Ballard, and Anderson were all there but Elder Bednar was the only one who spoke to us. It was a "Classic" Bednar talk if you know what that is. very basic, very true, very strong. He talked about all the reasons we need to be a missionary and how we can be good missionaries by listening to the spirit and such it was way good!!! There were also around 40 out of the quorum of the 70,150 new mission presidents and their wives, and 2000 plus missionaries. I would just like to say it was the coolest feeling! the spirit was so strong! So many amazing people all in one room!!!


Also just some little tidbits so to speak! I was walking out of the lunch room and I saw Elder Cook of the 12 walking into a bathroom! Apparently the apostles are just ordinary guys eh? haha no seriously they are so amazing!! Also we saw elder Oaks while eating our lunch one day as well! He waved at us!

Lots of cool people here at the MTC this last week!! Awesome!

Anyways I'm sure I'm getting boring with all my Apostle talk so I will move on! Life is same as ever here!!! Class for 6 hours a day study for 4. I basically study eat sleep! I am so anxious to just get out of here and get into the field!! IT is going to be great! Oh! One thing has changed! I got sick a few days ago! I have some sort of sinus thing goin on and my nose will not stop running!!! And it stinks because of how dry the air is lately my nose is super sensitive in one nostril (the one I didn’t have cauterized go figure) and when I blow my nose it starts to bleed!!! its quite an interesting adventure, stirs up the monotonous routine sometimes!!!

Anyways!!! Love you all!! Thanks dad and mom for getting my priesthood lineage and thank you Britny for my letter!!! I haven't gotten any other letters from you all this week so I hope to get some before lunch! If not you have my email and I will still write mom and dad!!!

Love you all!!

Elder Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment