Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 94 (03/11/2013) - Lots of baptisms and investigators

Hey family!

How is everyone doing today?? I love you all!! So, this has been an awesome week! As I mentioned last week, God has blessed us a lot with families to teach that are really positive! We have been working with all of them and they are all progressing! They read, they go to church and they love the gospel! 

We also found a really cool guy this week!!! It was actually a bit of a miracle!! We were walking out of an appointment with a family that we had been teaching for a few weeks (a family that I haven't mentioned to you all) but they had just told us that they didn't want us to come back anymore and they didn't want to listen to us. It is always really sad when you hear that because they aren't just rejecting us, they are also rejecting the gospel and Christ...but anyway, we were walking out of the appointment and feeling a little bit sad we were on our way home (it was about 10 minutes before nine) and we felt like we should talk to a guy that was standing on the side of the road! We went over to him and introduced ourselves and he said that he was actually an active member in San Miguel! He talked to us for a second and said that his wife was visiting her brother and that is why he was in our area. Well, his wife came out and we talked for a bit and then, right before going, I asked if there was anyone they knew that we could visit! She said, "Yeah! You can visit my brother!" And so she introduced us to her brother. His name is Manuel and a few years ago he had throat cancer, he can't speak at all because they took out his vocal cords or something? Anyway, we went and visited him a couple of days later and he was really positive! He accepted to come to church and then came! And then also to be baptized! He is really humble and just amazing! To speak to us, he writes in a notebook haha but he is cool!

Anyway, the f key on my keyboard is broken so if there are random f´s everywhere, it's because of that! haha 

Also this week, we have been working a lot to help the families we have to progress and set baptismal dates! Many of them have accepted and I am excited for them! This weekend (the 16th and 17th), the Familia Abrego will be baptized and confirmed! They have waited a full year! But they are finally ready! Today they got married! (We couldn't go because it was really far away, but they are happy!) But they are excited to be baptized!!

Other than that, we are just working hard! My companion is awesome! He is really nice and a lot like me! I have been blessed with really good companions in my mission! I love it!

But anyway, I love you all!!! Have an amazing week and make sure to enjoy that wonderful spring weather! I want to go boating if possible when I get back haha...so find me a boat to use for the day! Deal?? I love you all!!!!

Love,
Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment