Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 52 (05/21/2012) - Temple Visit and Baptisms!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Elder Woodfield celebrated his year mark last Friday, May 18 - halfway there! We are excited to have him home with us but so proud of him!

Elder Woodfield's Zone with another Zone at the Temple last Tuesday!




Hey Family!

Hey Kalee! Happy Birthday! How is it being one year older?? Do you feel any different? haha you've got to love all the same questions that everybody asks every year! haha but Happy Birthday! I love you Kalee! 

So, it sounds like you are all getting really excited for the wedding and all that jazz! Sounds fun! You should take some pictures of the yard and send them to me! If there is anything I can do here in El Salvador, just let me know! haha I love you all! I bet it's super exciting being there and all! It's exciting for me and I'm 2000 miles away! haha

Anyway, so it's been a good week here in El Salvador! We celebrated my year mark! Woo!! We didn't really know what to do so we just went and got an ice cream! haha but it was really tasty! I got a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of pistachio chip! Mmmm! Also, this week we went to the temple! That was awesome! I really enjoyed being there! Every time I go to the temple, it doesn't matter what for, I just feel like my batteries are charged! (Which is funny because I remember the first few times I went I felt sooooo drained after!) but it's just great! EVERYONE should go to the temple at least once a week up there! There are so many temples so close! Kortnee, make sure you go every single week! Start a good habit! Also, Lizzie I'm super happy that you are going every week as well! Keep it up!

So, also this week, we have been teaching a youth, his name is Maxamilian! He's 12 years old and he was actually baptized before, but because of faults in the records and all that stuff, he has to be rebaptized! Crazy, huh? It is actually suprising how often it happens! But he will be getting baptized with his little 8 year old brother, Jairo, this Friday! EXCITING! BAPTISM! It's not necessarily a baptism from someone we found and taught from the beginning, but there is always such a strong spirit in baptisms! I'm excited! 

As for our other investigators, we are working with a lot of people, but it just seems that we don't have quite as positive of people here in San Marcos! But don't worry! We still have faith! No one will be able to stop the work from going forward! (As Joseph Smith said haha) Anyway, we're still working hard and doing all that we can!

Well, other than that, we're just doing lots and lots! I'm learning a ton from my new companion! God has blessed me with good companions! I was thinking back, and each of my companions has had different strengths and I have learned from each of them! I love being here and serving! 

I love you all! Make sure you all do your family nights and scripture studies and everything! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Love,
Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment