Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 33 (01/09/12) - DISTRICT LEADER, New Companion, and lots of investigators!


What a great week for Elder Woodfield with some fun new pictures!
Braden with his new companion, Elder Garcia.
This picture is Braden...not sure why he is making that face! He doesn't know either.


Their neighbors that do a lot for the missionaries!

Braden with Josue and another girl from the ward, Stefani. 

Monday, January 9, 2011
Hello familia!!! Hey family!

Lots has happened in this last week!!! I hear that you finally have some good news as well! KORTNEE IS LEAVING!! Oh.. I mean she's getting married! haha that is so cool!!! CONGRATS KORTNEE AND DYLAN!!!  I love you both and give you my blessing...if that means anything. But just so you know, as long as you make my cutout, I am good if you do the wedding before I get home deal?? haha CONGRATS AGAIN!!! LOVE YOU!!!!
 
Other than that, which totally made my week, lots has happened here!!! I got my new companion this week! His name is Elder Garcia and he is awesome!!! This last Tuesday was Elder Hammond's last day with me. Wednesday morning, we went to San Salvador for the changes. We had a good meeting with all the trainers and then another meeting to announce the changes. When they got to my name, I stood up all stoked for when they announced my companion but..... they said he was still on the plane on his way to El Salvador!!! haha so I was like...ok never mind, you don't get a hug! haha then after the meeting, I hung out for a bit, companionless, and then went with the Assistants to go to the airport to pick him up! It was sweet! The reason he was late was because he is a bilingual! He speaks perfect Spanish and English! and the MTC system said that he only knew English...so they planned to have him there for the full 9 weeks. But he showed them he was fluent and they sent him out as soon as possible! It's sweet! He was born here in El Salvador and then his family moved to the United States when he was 4 (yes Mom, legally haha). He lived about 4 years in New York and then 8 years in Washington DC.Now his family lives in Texas! He is a citizen of the United States and everything! It is so cool!!! It was fun...after we picked him up, we had to do a bit of business with immigration and all that here...so we got to hang out with the assistants for a while! They took us to the only Taco Bell in the country, in a mall that's prohibited to enter unless you have permission, and then we also hung out in the mission office for a while! It was fun! He is really cool! He speaks both languages fluently and helps me a lot with my Spanish. He is also very loving and humble (something I'm not used to haha) and we have learned a lot together in just the first few days! He is ready to learn and to work hard! I will send a picture with the email!
 
Also, another surprising change...they made me District Leader! It's really fun! As district leader, I help all the missionaries in my District (6 elders, including me) to improve and constantly do better! Also, it is my responsibility to do the baptismal interview for those to be baptized in my District! I also get to put together the district meetings every week. This week, we did some fun activities and everything...it was fun!! I love serving and this is just another opportunity to help others! If any of you have tips on how to be a better leader, let me know! I really want to help everyone and do a good job! I am actually a bit scared that I will get all power hungry haha a lot of people do! Any hints on how to not?? haha
 
Other than that, we found a bunch of really good people to teach this week! We are working with 3 new families that are so cool! 2 families live in the same house (it is the parents and their son and his wife - the parents live with the son) and they are really receptive! They came to church this week and they are really nice and happy! The parents are Jorge and Maria and the son's name is Jolman (j like javiers, J=H) and his wife, Marta. They have 2 kids and are so nice!!!! We also found another family - their names are Maria Elena and Alex! They are Catholic. We are working hard and finding a ton of new positive people to teach! I hope that all end in baptisms! They are so amazing! It's amazing to see how much love the Lord gives you when you are helping His children come unto Christ!
 
Anyway, I love you all! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you all!! I just want to say thank you for all that you do for me and the people here! I hope you are all seeing the blessings of the Lord in your lives, as I am in mine. I am so grateful for you all!! I love you all! Stay close!
 
Love,
Braden
 
P.S. Congrats again Kortnee and Dylan!!!
 
P.S.S. I found a giant jar of peanut butter this week in the store :) MMMMMMMMM...who would have thought you could miss peanut butter so much?! Never take peanut butter for granted! haha love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment